With the Game of Thrones series nearing its completion it’s time to raise a glass with some special Game of Thrones inspired whiskies.
The limited-edition Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection is coming soon.
The set features eight superb Single Malt scotch whiskies from various distilleries under the Diageo umbrella, each representing one of the great houses of Westeros as well as the Night’s Watch. Such as House Stark matched with the remote Dalwhinnie, one of the highest and coldest distilleries in Scotland or House Greyjoy of the Iron Islands matched with Talisker from the Isle of Skye
The perfect collector’s item for both Scotch whisky fans and Game of Thrones fans, with the added bonus that these are some impressive tasting whiskies.
Full list of whiskies as below
House Stark - Dalwhinnie Winter's Frost
- Honey and fresh fig develop on the palate followed by a delicious maltiness and rich fruit cake
House Tully - Singleton of Glendullan Select
- Orange and clove open on the nose but on the palate there’s red berry compote and vanilla cheesecake with a pronounced cereal spice finish
House Targaryen - Cardhu Gold Reserve
- Baked apple with baking spices open on the first nosing than transforms on the palate into a rich caramel character with hints of clove, red apple
and a gentle nuttiness
House Lannister - Lagavulin 9-Year-Old
- Characteristic Lagavulin sweet smoke explodes on the nose with a little more brine than the other expressions. The palate opens with smoked caramelized banana
and heavy vanilla and burnt marshmallow which subside into a light dry, slightly salted caramel
The Night's Watch - Oban Bay Reserve
- Rich notes of cherry pie and candied orange peel open up on the palate that drifts into a wonderful crème caramel and a wisp of charred oak
Greyjoy - Talisker Select Reserve
- Dry Sichuan peppery smoke and dark chocolate on the nose. On the palate the salted caramel with chili flakes explode into a smoky fruit cake of spice and the finish is long and complex with a lasting character of leather
Baratheon - Royal Lochnagar 12-Year-Old
- Light notes of oak and sweet liquorice that develops into a rich, creamy vanilla coffee and finishes with a mild nutmeg custard note
Tyrell - Clynelish Reserve
- Bursting with fresh tropical fruits like papaya and mango that subsides into a creamy vanilla character. The finish is slightly maritime in quality with a delicate floral note
The set is due for release week commencing 20th of May but you can pre-order your set in-stores and on-line for shipping as soon as they arrive.