Data Protection Policy
At O’Briens Wine Off-Licence Group, we take the security and protection of personal data you share with us seriously and this policy sets out how we collect, store and process that data. By visiting and interacting with our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this policy.
All personal information provided to or collected on our website https://www.obrienswine.ie is controlled by O’Briens Wine Off-Licence Group (the Data Controller). Where that information is shared with any third parties they will be the Data Processor and will be required to process that data strictly in accordance with this policy and our written instruction in our capacity as the Data Controller.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. For example when you fill out our registration form, complete the contact us form or complete an order on our website.
- SMS & E-mail Communications: When you receive emails and SMS messages from us we receive some information back relating to whether you opened the message, email links you clicked on and whether you purchased anything or opted out of the communication.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
O'Briens Wine Loyalty:
Whether you sign up to create an account on our website or register your loyalty card, the details you enter are stored on both our website database and our loyalty epos database. This is done to allow you to access and manage your own personal details through our online portal and to to earn and spend loyalty points online and in-store on a single account. When you place an order online, details of that purchase are sent to our loyalty system to calculate loyalty points for that transaction. In a similar manner, when you log on to your online account, your points balance along with any in store transactions are sent to the website database from the epos database. Both the online database and the epos loyalty database are owned and operated by O'Briens Wine and data integration between the two systems is fully secure and encrypted.
Information shared with third-parties:
In order to perform certain functions we engage with other organisations (Third-Parties) to perform specific tasks on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments and providing our customer service infrastructure such as our live chat and helpdesk software. Third Party organisations have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. Their access to that data is contractually bound and they cannot use it for other purposes. In each case where we share your data, we remain the Data Controller and the third-party organisation as a Data Processor must abide by the practices outlined in this policy and can only use the data as instructed by O’Briens Wine Off-Licence Group.
O’Briens Wine Off-Licence Group is registered in Ireland and all personal data collected and processed is done so in accordance with Irish and European law and specifically the Irish Data Protection Act 1988 and the Irish Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption throughout our site.
- We don’t process or store any card or payment information. All Payment information is processed by Realex Payments who are compliant with PCI DSS Version 3.2, the highest level of PCI compliance. Their Security statement and a copy of their PCI DSS certificate can be viewed here: https://www.realexpayments.com/security/
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
Accessing your Data
You can access and update your personal information by logging on to your account. You may also request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 33 Spruce Avenue Stillorgan Industrial Park Co. Dublin Ireland.
No sensitive personal data is collected or processed on our website. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to engage with or enter data on our site.
Last Updated: April 6th 2018