WSET Level 2 Award in Wine
The O'Briens Wine School, Donnybrook - Dates tbc
This course is ideal for individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown.
What You'll Learn
- How wine is made.
- What factors influence wine style.
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics.
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown.
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines.
- Label terminology.
- Food and wine pairing principles.
- The principal categories of spirit and liqueurs, and how they are made.
- How to describe wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine.
Dates: Course begins Wednesday 29th January for 7 consecutive weeks with the exam on the 7th week (29th Jan, 5th Feb, 12th, 19th, 26th, 4th & 11th March)
Time: 18:30 - 21:30
Price: €450 (€200 deposit to register, balance due 14 days before course start date)
Where: The O'Briens Wine School, Donnybrook, Dublin 4
The O'Briens Wine School is located above the Donnybrook store and entrance is through the black door to the left of the store entrance.