Château Lafite Rothschild 1er Cru Classé 2020 EP
*Price is for a 3-bottle wooden case and includes shipping from France to your preferred delivery location in Ireland upon release in 2023.
Château Lafite Rothschild is arguably the most prestigious and recognisable winery in the world: an aspirational wine, synonymous with grandeur and exquisite quality. The history of the estate dates to 1234 and vines have been grown on this terroir since at least the 17th century. In the prestigious 1855 Bordeaux Classification, Château Lafite Rothschild was recognised as one of the greatest estates in Bordeaux and was one of only four Châteaux to be awarded the iconic First Growth status. The estate is still in the hands of the Rothschild family today and consistently makes one of the greatest, and most sought-after, fine wines of the world.
The 2020 vintage was universally acclaimed and unanimously declared by critics as one of the best wines from the Bordeaux 2020 vintage.
Potential Drinking Window 2028-2046
Rather ethereal and so refined with finesse, focus and brightness that provides incredible energy and pedigree. It’s full-bodied with ultra-fine tannins that go on and on. Superb presence with tannins that melt into the wine. This is 12.8%. I love the wine. Lots of dark fruit and fresh tobacco. Lead pencil, too. 92% cabernet sauvignon, 7% merlot and 1% petit verdot.
-99 Points, James Suckling
“This is pretty much as close to entirely Cabernet Sauvignon as Bordeaux gets (92%) and yet it has an incredibly fine, gentle richness to the tannins. They build up pretty quickly though, so that by the end of the palate you start to feel the closing in and tightening, deftly underscoring how well this will age. The kaleidoscope of flavours and aromatics that Lafite does so well is fully on display, nothing trying too hard, a velvety texture to the tannins where the cassis fruit, earth, crushed stone and graphite is held in from beginning to end. Impressive that even in dry vintages like 2020 with the real concerns over global warming, the top Bordeaux estates can still produce wines of this quality.
- 97 Points, Decanter Wine Magazine
How To Buy En Primeur In 4 Steps
1. Select which En Primeur wine/wines you would like to order & pay for them today. Please note that this order can only contain wine from the En Primeur selection and may not include any other web products.
2. You will receive a confirmation email and receipt for your order. Please disregard any reference to shipping/delivery in these automated emails. We will contact you as soon as your wines arrive in 2023.
3. In the spring of 2023 you will be invoiced for the Excise Duty and VAT associated with your purchase*.
4. The 2020 wines will be bottled and released by the Châteaux in the spring of 2023 at which time we will ship the wines from France to your preferred location in Ireland, included in the price paid today.
*Taxes will be charged at the rate set by revenue when the wines arrive in the country. For estimation purposes the current Excise Duty rates in Ireland are €3.19 per bottle (€9.57 per 3 bottle case) and 23% VAT