By Kieran Brennan | Assistant Buyer: Beer & Spirits
Celebrate St Patrick’s day in style. This year it’s time to don your apron and mix up some mouth-watering cocktails inspired by the day. We have put together some classic cocktail recipes, with a green twist, to help you set the scene this St Patrick’s Day.
Green Jersey Margarita
- Put a little salt on a saucer, then wipe the rim of your martini glass with lime juice.
- Turn the glass upside down in the salt and twist to coat.
- Stir the ingredients and a little ice together or put them in a cocktail shaker to combine.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve with a slice of lime.
This recipe serves 4. Just about any green juice will work with this recipe, like simple store-bought apple juice. If you are feeling adventurous you can make up your own ‘green juice’ with 2 green apples, 1 cucumber, 2 limes and a generous handful of spinach. Either juice the ingredients or blend and strain.
- 50ml Irish Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 12½ ml sugar syrup
- 1 drop of green food colouring
- squeeze of half a lemon
- Shake all of the ingredients (except for the lemon zest) hard with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Squeeze the lemon zest, add the garnish and serve.
Please note prices are correct at time of publishing. Please check our website or stores for the most up-to-date pricing.