By Paul Barry | Assistant Buyer: Beer & Spirits
For the second year running, we’re celebrating St Patrick’s day from home, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate in style. So this year it’s time to don your apron and mix up some mouth-watering cocktails inspired by the day. We have put together some classic cocktail recipes, with a green twist, to help you set the scene this St Patrick’s Day.
Green Jersey Margarita
- Put a little salt on a saucer, then wipe the rim of your martini glass with lime juice.
- Turn the glass upside down in the salt and twist to coat.
- Stir the ingredients and a little ice together or put them in a cocktail shaker to combine.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve with a slice of lime.
This recipe serves 4. Just about any green juice will work with this recipe, like simple store-bought apple juice. If you are feeling adventurous you can make up your own ‘green juice’ with 2 green apples, 1 cucumber, 2 limes and a generous handful of spinach. Either juice the ingredients or blend and strain.
- 50ml Irish Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 12½ ml sugar syrup
- 1 drop of green food colouring
- squeeze of half a lemon
- Shake all of the ingredients (except for the lemon zest) hard with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Squeeze the lemon zest, add the garnish and serve.
Please note prices are correct at time of publishing. Please check our website or stores for the most up-to-date pricing.