Do you want to learn how to taste wine professionally? Do you enjoy wine and want to learn more? Want to take the first step in earning a globally recognised wine qualification?
Join us in the brand new O'Briens Wine School for our first WSET Level 2 Award in Wine. This would be ideal for individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you will learn:
- How wine is made.
- What factors influence wine style.
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics.
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown.
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines.
- Label terminology.
- Food and wine pairing principles.
- The principal categories of spirit and liqueurs, and how they are made.
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
This is a fantastic opportunity for those working in the drinks industry or wine enthusiasts looking to enhance their wine knowledge. Included in the price is a set of 6 ISO Tasting Glasses for students to use in each class and keep PLUS a €50 O'Briens Gift Card upon completion of the course, to start their wine collection!
Dates: Course begins Tuesday 7th May for 7 consecutive weeks with the exam on the 7th week (7th, 14th, 21st, 28th May & 4th, 11th & 18th June).
Time: 18:45 - 21:15
Price: €450 - €200 booking deposit required with the balance to be paid 14 days in advance of course commencement.
Where: The O'Briens Wine School, Donnybrook, Dublin 4
The O'Briens Wine School is located above the Donnybrook store and entrance is through the black door to the left of the store entrance.